Today when I was trying to access my online bank and I came across a very unpleasant situation and extremely unfriendly.Despite being a satisfied customer with the bank in this case, they let me very frustrated.
Here’s what happened: In the course of an account unblocking request, once you have entered the required data you have reached the final part to “accept” the access conditions. I clicked the checkbox and nothing happened … I could not tell if it was active or not. (another problem).I thought it was strange but I thought it was a browser problem … So I tried on IE, Chrome and Firefox and nothing has changed.
I had to do call the helpline … I called and I was surprised with what they told me … Do you see the red link, more prominently … So I had to click first, and then “read” the conditions, and then close the window and yes after that, the checkbox appeared Active.
Oh … I had to take 4 actions to continue the action. I complain the usability issue to the person who answered me. I also decided to share this “huge bug” of usability and leave here a solution, which maybe with luck, someone is kind enough to correct.
– Many steps to follow up on an action;
– There is no indication, nor message to the user that should do a series of actions;
– The checkbox drawing does not indicate that is inative;