What did I learn today? Today I analyze some mockups to a new platform. This time i didn’t do the design, just had the opportunity to review the desktop version and mobile version.
It was fun to see the other side of the design process, in which essentially try to find defects and flaws in the proposals of others.
Always as a constructively critical perspective, I realized quickly from failures in the design of the composition is that there were concerns in the area to take into consideration to put the buttons.
A very simple analysis, I came across these errors:
– Do not over do the amount of buttons, in this case we had six buttons, an area that was too small.
Resolution: Eliminate some buttons, reducing to the maximum. Create a button on one of them includes more features. As the share button.
After clicking in the android share button, we can try open a screen like that:
After clicking in the IOS share button, we can try open a screen like that:
Distance Between Button.
– Pay attention to the size and distance between each button. We can not forget that we have to leave enough space for the finger to click, without making the mistake of clicking another. Learn more here: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2012/02/finger-friendly-design-ideal-mobile-touchscreen-target-sizes/
Distance Between points and items lists
– Leave space between multiple points and lists, once again, to not click on the wrong button.
– Placement of elements “stop scrollers” that give the feeling to the user that is no more information on the page.
Solution: Add some indication that there is more information (eg: titles)
– When designing for mobile, we need to sometimes give priority to some information that will appear only in the mobile version.
Can be the the case of the footer: When the footer have a lots of information, such as multiple menus, icons and text blocks, you need to reduce the material in Mobile. We have to define that are most relevant to the mobile version.
See example below. In this case the mobile proposal reduces the information, used only one menu block and the link to the social network.
In short, choose content that the user can use on his device.